Certified Nurse Assistant Job Description
The nurse aide works under the supervision of a licensed nurse providing services within
the client’s plan of care.
- Keeping certifications up to date, including CPR/First Aid, yearly PPD, and current auto insurance. Mandatory attendance at yearly skills training.
- Ability to use electronic visit verification, documentation of tasks and signatures.
- Provides personal care, bathing, grooming, skin care, mouth care, toileting.
- Observing and reporting changes in client condition to care coordinators, reporting suspected abuse, falls, hospitalizations, ER visits, unsafe living conditions.
- Provides socialization and interaction with clients.
- Maintains a clean safe environment: sweeping, mopping, laundry, trash removal, linen changes, cleaning medical equipment, emptying drainage bags.
- Escorting client’s to appointments, errands, shopping, assist with bill paying, pick up/reorder prescriptions.
- Health Maintenance activities: Vital signs, medication reminders, encouraging physical activity as client condition permits, provides active or passive range of motion, repositioning, encouraging good nutrition.
- Communicates with supervisors when unable to report to clients home as scheduled.
- Maintains current phone numbers and email address with CareMaster Medical Services.
- Activates 911 and administers CPR and First Aid as indicated.
ACTIVITIES NOT WITHIN SCOPE OF NURSE AIDE JOB DESCRIPTION (PROXY ONLY)
- Medication Administration: including oral, injectable, topical, inhaled, rectal, vaginal, IV, pill planners.
- Wound Care: Reinforcement with dry dressing permitted.
- Bowel Programs
- Tube Feedings
- Trach care, suctioning
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Ostomy Care (may empty or change bag)
- Must be able to work with equipment designed to assist with client’s mobility.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, squat, walk and stand as needed, full range of motion of all extremities.
- Must be knowledgeable of safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing and cognition must be within normal limits